Friday, April 13, 2007

CHEF Cat Cora

Mediterranean gets a makeover when Cat Cora's blend of French, California and Greek cuisines
hit Kitchen Stadium.
Stats PHOTO

From: San Francisco Bay/Napa Valley via New York, France, California and Jackson, Mississippi.
Restaurants: Working on my signature restaurant.
Cuisine: Mediterranean, particularly Greek, French and Italian. Also Asian, spa, Creole, Southern/soul food and, as a mom, gourmet baby food.
Interests: Yoga/meditation, waterskiing and skiing/boarding, body surfing, dancing to ABBA with my 14-month-old son, rockin’ out with my guitar that I don't play very well. Of course, cooking, eating, and drinking great wine.
Ideal secret ingredient: Lamb sweetbreads or cheeks.
Culinary inspirations: MFK Fisher, Julia Child, my grandmother Alma, my parents, and my godfather, who worked in restaurants in Lyon, France to put himself through college.
Ideal judge(s): Oprah Winfrey, Bill Clinton, and Steven Tyler from Aerosmith.
Culinary secret weapon(s): Global Santoku knife, ouzo, and a mortar/pestle.
Favorite restaurant: French Laundry.
Favorite food: Greek or Asian.
Food you won’t go near: I have not found it yet.
Weirdest thing you've ever eaten: Alligator.
Favorite food destination: New York for oysters and martinis at Blue Ribbon, and Paris for lunch at Alain Ducasse.
Alternative dream job: Actress and novelist.

No comments: